Designer sketchbooks are basically craft books, which are commonly used by designers these days. Apart from unique designs, they often contain cutouts of different kinds of fabric materials. Some designer sketchbooks also contain the photographs of models flaunting various kinds of designer wears. Sketchbooks are the raw presentations of masterpieces which are yet to be invented. It simply means that the work is in progress. Once the design has been decided, the next step is to give realism to the conceived idea. The artworks inside the book are normally interesting so as to provide an insight into the designer’s caliber.
The designs are fabricated by combining different kinds of materials. However, these combinations are initially tagged with the designer books only. The samples designed are observed for their quality and texture. If a fashion designer or expert finds that the material shall not provide durability to the dress, he can discard the design. The professionals perform various tests to check the quality of the material used in the sample.
The names of the designers along with their achievements are mentioned on the pages opposite to the designs. You can also see the main theme of the design and the source of inspiration mentioned on the pages. One can choose to make a designer's sketchbook and get it published as well.
Advantages of using designer sketchbooks:
1. A graphic designer uses a designer's sketchbook to portray his creative vision, ideas and ingenuity. Before publishing any of his designs in a book, magazine, advertisement or Internet, a graphic designer ensures to go through the technicalities behind the graphics. Accordingly, what comes to the fore finally is the finished product that conceals the raw material neatly behind the ornate design. After all, the ideas and the pains taken to conceive a design are definitely important. However, since a graphic designer can’t ignore the raw designs, he keeps them adding to his designer sketchbook. One could see the raw designs and analyze them anytime.
2. While using designer sketchbook, a graphic designer can fuse low and high culture things derived and mix colors to get popular fonts with the help of desktop publishing tools.
3. A designer sketchbook further allows designers to channelize distinct ideas, create full-fledged designs, do little scribbling, or make photographic collages. Since the book is little technical, only those aspiring for such careers can better understand it.
4. Any qualified web designer prefers to frame out a rough design first rather than proposing the final product. Web designers use sketch templates to make the initial designs closer to reality.
5. Web designer sketchbooks are a compilation of the web designing ideas. These designs are the initial stages of the web designing procedure. Only when the designers add and subtract thoughts completely and finalize them, then only they give it their tangible forms.
6. Similarly, a fashion designer can use designer sketchbooks to lend a visual appeal to his initial apparel designs. Moreover, when a fashion designer feels low on creativity, bored or stuck up in the artistic process, s/he can always go through designer sketchbooks to fuel his/her designing ideas.
If one is on its way to become a designer in any field, then such designer sketchbooks will assist one to get the deep knowledge about the design process. The designer sketchbooks further offer them as the samples of the designing ideas, compiled by professional designers. Many popular designers publish their designer books so that people may know about their field and take interest in it. One can enhance his/her caliber by going through various kinds of designer sketchbooks created by renowned product design brand.